As landowners, we care deeply about wildlife and recognize the importance of species diversity to our ecosystems and to our own well being. We also understand at a pragmatic level both the benefits and challenges of co-existing with wildlife in our working landscapes. Up to 80% of wildlife species depend on private land for survival. Our families and communities also depend on the food, fiber, energy and recreation we produce on this land. As more land is developed, the pressures on our remaining open lands are intensifying.We need policies that provide the flexibility and economic support that enable landowners to meet the needs of both people and wildlife.
Letter to Sc. Zinke re: Greater Sage-Grouse Land-Use Plans
WLA's letter to Secretary Zinke emphasizes our support for the 2015 sage-grouse land-use plans and the USDA-led Sage-Grouse initiative representing 1,500 producers across 5.6 million acres, and provides our recommendations in light of potential amendments to land-use plans.
Speaking from Experience: Landowners & the Endangered Species Act
A must-read for landowners, this informative guide on the Endangered Species Act provides essential information on the law itself, changes currently being proposed and perspectives from experienced landowners.
- WLA Comments to the USFWS Service Re: Policy Regarding Voluntary Prelisting Conservation Action
- Working Lands and Wildlife Recommendations
- Letter to the Western Governors Association and the US Department of the Interior on Greater Sage Grouse Recovery
- Letter to Federal Agencies on funding for the US Fish and Wildlife Service to continue greater sage grouse recovery.
- With right incentives, ranchers want to help sage grouse
- Sportsmen’s Priorities for Conservation and Access in the 2018 Farm Bill
- Comments to the Western Governors’ Association
Stay up to date on policy changes and new developments.
Western Landowners Alliance will send you the latest developments and policy updates important to the economic and ecological health of working lands.
WLA works on behalf of landowners and practitioners throughout the West. We will never share your contact information with anyone. You can manage your subscription or unsubscribe at any time.