Water Plan Grants
The CWCB offers grants to advance the goals of the Colorado Water Plan for projects such as adding storage, multi-benefit projects, innovative or landscape-scale projects, and collaborations. Roundtable letters of support, while not required, add value to your application. Funding categories include:
- Water Storage & Supply – includes development of additional storage, artificial recharge into aquifers, and dredging existing reservoirs to restore the reservoirs’ full decreed storage capacity for multi-beneficial projects and projects identified in basin implementation plans to address the water supply and demand gap.
- Water Sharing Agreements – includes projects that meet defined water needs while mitigating impacts associated with traditional water transfers.
- Conservation & Land Use Planning – includes long-term strategies for conservation, land use, water efficiency, and drought planning.
- Engagement & Innovation – includes water education, outreach, and innovation efforts.
- Agricultural Projects – includes technical assistance or project/program funding for agricultural projects.
- Watershed Health & Recreation Projects