- This event has passed.
Understanding and Interpreting Soil Health Tests by Lance Gunderson
February 14, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm MST$20
WHAT: Lance Gunderson will explain the science behind the Haney and PLFA soil health tests, and how to interpret test results. Participants will each receive one of five different sample Haney/PLFA tests when they sign up for the class. Using this sample, participants can formulate questions for Lance ahead of time, if they are not familiar with the tests. During the second half of the class, participants will divide into 5 groups, based on which sample Haney/PLFA results they received. Each group will come up with recommendations for their sample grower, and present their recommendations to the whole group.
ABOUT LANCE GUNDERSON: Lance served as the Director of Soil Health and New Test Development at Ward Laboratories for eight years where he and his team implemented and performed Haney, PLFA, soil enzymes, aggregate stability and water holding capacity tests. In 2018, Lance started Soil Health Innovations, which offers the SR-1 instrument for measuring soil respiration and consulting services surrounding the Haney Test. He is a founding member and President of Regen Ag Lab, which will be open for business in 2020. Regen Ag Lab is focused on established and newly developed agronomic tests designed to aid producers managing their operations under the regenerative ag model. Lance attended the University of Nebraska at Kearney, earning his Bachelors in biology/chemistry in 2005 and his Masters in biology in 2012. He is currently attending the University of Nebraska at Lincoln seeking a Doctoral degree in agronomy with an interest in soil microbial ecology and soil health.
- 9:00-9:15: Introductions and schedule of the day. Cookies and beverages available.
- 9:15 – 10:15 : Understanding and Interpreting Haney and PLFA soil health tests by Lance Gunderson
- 10:15 –10:45: Questions and Answers with Lance Gunderson
- 10:45 – 11: Break
- 11-11:30: Divide into 5 groups. Each group discusses a different sample grower’s test results. Each group comes up with recommendations for their sample grower.
- 11:30-12: Reconvene. Each group presents their recommendations for their sample grower.