Managing Farm and Ranch Employees Webinar
September 17 - September 19
An informal poll of ranch and business managers across the US identifies their #1 challenge – communication and managing people. Ranch resources do not self-manage, so managing employees is certainly as important as the stewarding of animal and natural resources. This lectureship offers tips and coaching for managers on topics like recruiting, hiring, retaining, and evaluating talented employees. Participants will assemble a preferred employer skill-set that enables leading employees to be productive team members, experience personal growth, and accomplish business goals. This lectureship will be presented as a webinar. Please register at the link above. A link to the webinar will be sent to all registrants 10 days prior to the start of the event.
- Understand the value of identifying the future direction of the ranch and its workforce needs
- Build skills in developing position descriptions, establishing performance expectations, and employee accountability
- Learn effective recruitment, interviewing and hiring procedures
- Identify employee training and development needs
- Develop leadership skills for all workforce members
- Learn supervisory and coaching skills including motivating employees and providing feedback
- Understand labor laws impacting Ag worker employment
- Learn complexities and components of the total benefits package
Bob Milligan, PhD • Senior Consultant, Dairy Strategies, LLC; Professor Emeritus, Cornell University
Get the latest info about upcoming events, new resources and more.
It's important to be prepared for what's in front of you. Western Landowners Alliance keeps you up to date on the latest policies and developments for land conservation. Subscribe to our free email newsletter to ensure you are always in the loop.