Learn Firsthand Winter Grazing Techniques from Sieben Livestock’s 20 Years of Experience
Cooper Hibbard, from Sieben Livestock, located near Cascade, Montana, will be hosting four winter grazing sessions on January 22nd, February 15th, March 15th, and April 15th. These full-day on-site workshops will cover everything you need to set up a regenerative grazing system on your ranch. With over 20 years of winter grazing knowledge, Cooper will walk you through:
- Estimating feed available and stocking capacity
- Forage production, budgeting, and allocation
- Assessing range and soil condition/health
- Cattle behavior, condition/health, genetic considerations, grazing habits, and herd instinct
- Winter strategies to water availability and distance
- Supplemental and replacement feeding
- Planning and practical experience making a move
- How will these impact and be implemented on summer pasture
There is so much more you will take away from these workshops. It’s one thing to talk about how to implement these techniques continually, but it’s a whole other ballgame actually to see it working on the ground.
The cost of one workshop is $150 per person, with each additional ranch employee/owner only $75. For those who attended the workshops last year and would like to join again, the cost is also $75.
Checks can be mailed to:
Sieben Livestock Co., 2469 Adel Road,
Cascade, MT 59421
“It was amazing to see firsthand how differently cattle behaved and how well the grass responded to this management style. I picked up plenty of practical information I could apply right away on my place,”
– Ron Halverson, Halverson Ranch Big Timber, Montana
Contact Cooper for more information and to register: email@example.com
Get the latest info about upcoming events, new resources and more.
It's important to be prepared for what's in front of you. Western Landowners Alliance keeps you up to date on the latest policies and developments for land conservation. Subscribe to our free email newsletter to ensure you are always in the loop.